The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on November 9th, 2016
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner - Mandy Forbis, Office Manager. Mark Brabant - Assessor
Others In Attendance: 2 residents attended.
Call To Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held October 12th, 2016. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Gudat followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Community Policing Report: Deputy Rials reported there was vehicular accident with two fatalities. Occupants of vehicle, which ran red light on Route 29 striking a school bus, were killed. Deputy monitored stop sign at fire station noting no unusual activity. Supervisor Dawson advised on resident having issue with neighbors burning of leaves. Deputy took address and will stop and discuss with residents.
Supervisor Dawson opened floor for public input but received no request
Correspondence & Reports
Supervisor, John Dawson:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on November 9th, 2016 was accepted as presented by the board.
- Supervisor advised that township caucuses are being held on December 6th.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Started leaf pick-up last week. Received several calls and e-mails regarding sizes of piles of leaves on the streets. No one is following the policy regarding the leaves in the street. One subdivision had several streets and intersections where one-way traffic could hardly pass through. Yesterday, one of the men backed a leaf machine into a car on Singing Woods Drive. Car was so close to machine, it couldn’t be seen in mirrors. Car driver saw machine backing up and started backing up, but a van stopped behind car and wouldn’t move. Very minor damage. An accident report was written, and no tickets issued. I contacted TORMA already.
- New truck should be arriving this week or early next week.
- All of our construction projects are completed.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Assessment reported permits as follows:
New 73 54
Renovation 56 16
The board of review appeals is underway. Assessor reviews and reports to board of review. Multiplier for Medina will be 3%. When opinion appropriate, assessor can address purchase price upon review, if resident contacts township. Board inquired on Building BB removal at Caterpillar and any anticipated affect on tax rolls. Re-allocation of buildings done last year so effect should not be major. Assessor will review matter and provide update.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson:
Not present to present report.
Trustee Clinch inquired on status on Hickory Grove Road sign. Road Commissioner advised that it will be installed before winter. Trustee Molohon reported issue with sidewalk on Blackhawk Court with Road Commissioner advising that it would be inspected.
Pay Twp Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were audited and approved for payment. All bank accounts were reconciled and found to be in order. Trustee Clinch moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Parr followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Supervisor Dawson moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Molohon: followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:44 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 9th day of November, 2016
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk