The Board of Trustees met at the Medina Township Office
located at 10628 N. Galena Road, Mossville, Illinois on September 14th, 2016
Purpose: Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting
Present: John H. Dawson, Supervisor
Cam Parr, Trustee
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk
Mike Molohon, Trustee
Adam Gudat, Trustee
Richard Clinch, Trustee
Other Officials and Township Staff Present: Frank Sturm II, Road Commissioner - Mandy Forbis, Office Manager.
Others In Attendance: 3 residents attended.
Call To Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Supervisor Dawson followed by pledge of allegiance to the flag.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting held August 10th, 2016. Supervisor Dawson moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Parr followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Trustee Clinch abstaining.
Clerk, Garner, presented the minutes of the Road District Budget Hearing held June 8th, 2016. Trustee Molohon moved to approve, as presented, seconded by Trustee Clinch followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote with Supervisor Dawson and Trustee Gudat abstaining.
Community Policing Report: Not present to present report.
Supervisor Dawson opened floor for public input with no request received.
Correspondence & Reports
Acting Chair, Cam Parr:
- Investment Report: The Investment Report ending on September 14th, 2016 was accepted as presented by the board.
- Supervisor Dawson presented notice of Peoria County Veterans’ Memorial Groundbreaking Ceremony dedication along with County Clerk’s expression of gratitude for township’s contribution.
Road Commissioner, Frank Sturm, II:
- Curtis Drive is paved. Need to complete site restoration.
- Culvert is in on Rome West, and it was paved yesterday. Completing shoulders, drives, riprap, and restoration.
- Seal coating should be completed today.
- Miscellaneous concrete work is almost done.
- Received sealed bids on surplus equipment on 08/19/16. I emailed everyone the bid tab. We did sell spreader. Rejected other bids.
- New truck is at Koenigs. Will probably accept delivery next month.
- We joined the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA), which is a cooperative purchasing agency. They solicit competitive bids for a variety of items, which allows us to use their bid prices, without going through bid process. Our attorney said many agencies use these services. We purchased a new leaf machine through this agency. Key Equipment found a machine with a tier 3 engine, and we were able to purchase it. Machines with the tier 4 engines are $10,000 more in price and will soon be all that is available.
- Roughly 2 weeks ago, I received a call from a man, whose son was westbound on Rome West and turned northbound onto Krause Road, on a motorcycle. Hit some loose gravel and lost control. He got some scratches and bruises, but is okay. Minor damage to bike. Incident was turned over to TORMA.
Assessor, Mark Brabant:
Not present to present report.
Plan Commission, Brady Miller, Chairperson:
Not present to present report.
Trustee Clinch received call on Fuel Injection store upkeep. Supervisor Dawson advised that they are in compliance with county zoning. Trustee Clinch advised of concerns on emergency response times. ITV3 cable severed gas line with slow response time. Brookview 911 call, with no available responder, took 20 minutes to respond. Believe that trustee should monitor situation.
Trustee Parr advised that they are working on establishing a fire protection district in the township with discussions on asset transfer to new district ongoing.
Trustee Gudat receiving calls on duck blinds along shoreline. Supervisor advised that township has not authority and that residents contact Department of Conservation and Corp of Engineers.
Vote on salaries for elected officials for new term of office:
Supervisor Dawson advised that per Illinois Statute 60 ILCS 1/65-20(a), the township board needs to set elected official salaries before November 18th. Supervisor Dawson presented Resolution Twn-2016-02 for the board consideration. After discussion, the salaries for township officials were proposed as follows:
Supervisor’s Salary: Effective for each of the following years: (May 15, 2017 – May 21, 2018) - $ 38,000; (May 21, 2018 – May 20 2019) - $ 38,000; (May 20, 2019 – May 19, 2020) - $ 38,000; (May 19, 2020 – May 17, 2021) - $ 38,000 and Road District Treasurer Salary at $ 1,000 annually.
Township Clerk salary: Effective for each of the following years: (May 15, 2017 – May 21, 2018) - $ 12,000; (May 21, 2018 – May 20 2019) - $ 12,000; (May 20, 2019 – May 19, 2020) - $ 12,000; (May 19, 2020 – May 17, 2021) - $ 12,000
Trustees Salary: Effective for each of the following years: (May 15, 2017 – May 21, 2018) - $ 150; (May 21, 2018 – May 20 2019) - $ 150; (May 20, 2019 – May 19, 2020) - $ 150; (May 19, 2020 – May 17, 2021) - $ 150. Trustee salary will be paid per scheduled meeting even if not in attendance.
Assessor Salary: January 1, 2018 – January 1, 2022 – (2018) - $ 33,500; (2019) - $ 33,500; (2020) - $ 33,500; (2021) - $ 33,500.
Tax Collector Salary: Effective for each of the following years: January 1, 2018 – January 1, 2022 – (2018) - $ 1.00; (2019) - $ 1.00; (2020) - $ 1.00; (2021) - $ 1.00.
Highway Commissioner Salary: Effective for each of the following years: (May 15, 2017 – May 21, 2018) - $ 56,000; (May 21, 2018 – May 20 2019) - $ 56,000; (May 20, 2019 – May 19, 2020) - $ 56,000; (May 19, 2020 – May 17, 2021) - $ 56,000)
Supervisor Dawson made motion to approve Resolution TWN-20160-02 setting compensation of township officials for the four year term beginning on My 15, 2017 as presented, seconded by Trustee, Molohon. A roll call vote was taken by Clerk, Garner, with Supervisor, Dawson, Trustees, Parr, Gudat, Molohon, and Clinch voting “Aye”. The motion unanimously passed.
Presentation of Audit Results from Wolfe & Tesar: Virginia Love presented Annual Financial Report. No major issues were found. Recommendations reviewed and discussed.
Pay Township Bills
Township/Road District Bills Audited: All bills of the Town and the Road District were audited and approved for payment. All bank accounts were reconciled and found to be in order. Trustee Clinch moved to pay the bills, seconded by Trustee Molohon followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the board, Trustee Molohon moved to adjourn, seconded by Trustee Clinch: followed by a unanimous “Aye” voice vote. The meeting adjourned at 8:28 PM.
Respectfully submitted this 14th day of September, 2016
Shawn E. Garner, Clerk